Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Quarrel about ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another about the property.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Equal in ( সমতুল্য (পদমর্যদা) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Care of ( যত্ন নেওয়া ) Take care of your health.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions