Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions