Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Overcome by ( দমন করা ) He was overcome by anger.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.