Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.