Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.