Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions