Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Ill with ( অসুস্থ ) He is ill with fever.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions