Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Think over ( চিন্তা করা (কোনকিছু) ) Think carefully over his advice.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Delight in ( আনন্দ ) He takes delight in music.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly