Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- in favour of ( পক্ষে ) He spoke in favour of his friend.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- feather ones nest ( কাজ গুছিয়ে নেওয়া )
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )