Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Interfere with ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) Do not interfere with me in my business.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.