Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions