Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Relevant to ( প্রাসঙ্গিক ) Your remark is not relevant to the point.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.