Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Rest upon ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) I rest upon your promise.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.