Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.