Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Supply with ( যোগান দেওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) He supplied us with food.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.