Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.