Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Refer to ( বিচারার্থে পাঠানো ) Refer the matter to him for enquiry.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.