Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.