Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Assign to ( নির্দিষ্ট করে দেওয়া ) He assigned the task to me.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.