Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Rely on ( নির্ভর করা ) You can rely on him.
- Lament for ( বিলাপ করা ) She lamented for her child.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions