Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Exempt from ( রেহাই দেওয়া ) He was exempted from the fine.
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Search for ( অনুসন্ধান ) Their search for the thing was of no avail.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )