Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Contrary to ( বিপরীত ) His action is contrary to his words.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.