Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Hard of ( কম শোনা ) He is hard of hearing.
- Brood on (over) ( মন খারাপ করা ) Do not brood over your misfortune.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Appeal for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He appealed for pardon.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.