Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions