Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.