Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Composed of ( তৈরি ) Water is composed of Hydrogen and Oxygen.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- For good ( চিরকালের জন্য ) He left the country for good.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- queer go ( অদ্ভুত ব্যপার )