Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Displeased with ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- Out of date ( অপ্রচলিত ) This fashion is now out of date.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.