Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Dull at ( কাঁচা ) He is dull at Physics.
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- By no means ( কোন ভাবেই না ) I shall by no means call on him.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions