Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )