Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.