Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Remedy for ( প্রতিকার ) There is no remedy for this disease.
- Mourn over ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn over the dead.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Superior to ( উৎকৃষ্টতর ) This type of rice is superior to that.
- Useful to ( প্রয়োজনীয় (ব্যক্তি) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Annoyed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was annoyed with him for being late.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions