Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Die from ( মারা যাওয়া (প্রতিক্রিয়া) ) He died form over-eating.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.