Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Replace with another ( পরিবর্তন করা (একটি জিনিস) ) Replace this chair with new one.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.