SYNONYM concern; anxiety; worry; fear; thought; apprehension; pain; doubt; difficulty; earnestness; solicitude; pains;
Next : stinksPrevious : raj
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.