SYNONYM concern; anxiety; worry; fear; thought; apprehension; pain; doubt; difficulty; earnestness; solicitude; pains;
Next : stinksPrevious : raj
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Wait for ( অপেক্ষা করা ) I waited for him for two hours.
- Enter into ( প্রবেশ করা ) He entered into the room.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.