Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- Famous for ( বিখ্যাত ) Radhanager is famous for the birth place of Raja Rammohan.
- Devoid of ( বর্জিত ) He is devoid of common sense.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.