Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.