Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Dull of ( বোধশক্তিহীন ) He is dull of understanding.
- Render into ( অনুবাদ করা ) Render the passage into Hindi.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.