Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Certain of ( নিশ্চিত ) He is now certain of his ground.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.