Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Divide between ( ভাগ করা (দুটি বা দুজন) ) Divide the apple between Raqib and Shafique.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.