Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Attach to ( জুড়ে দেওয়া ) Attach this file to the email.
- Made of ( তৈরি ) This ring is made of gold.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Deaf of ( বধির ) He is deaf of one ear.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- live by ones wit ( কথা বেচে খাওয়া )
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.