Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Ashamed of ( লজ্জিত ) He is not ashamed of his conduct.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- Tooth and nail ( তীব্রভাবে ) He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.