Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Yield to ( আত্মসমর্পণ করা ) He Yielded to his enemy.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- have ones eyes ( কারও হাতে বিস্তর কাজ থাকা )
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Fish in a troubled water ( এলোমোলো অবস্থায় সুযোগ নেওয়া ) He made a lot of money by fishing in a troubled water.