Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Require of ( প্রয়োজন হওয়া (কোন কিছু) ) I required a loan of him.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.