Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Attend upon ( সেবা করা ) She attends upon her mother.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Cock and bull story ( গাঁজাখুরি গল্প ) Nobody will believe your cock and bull story
- reap the harvest of sin ( কর্ম ভোগ করা )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions