Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Compare with ( তুলনা করা (সদৃশ বস্তু) ) Rabindranath may be compared with Shakespeare.
- Admit into ( প্রবেশাধিকার দেওয়া ) He was admitted into the room.
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- Sensible of ( বোধ সম্পন্ন ) She is sensible of the risk.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Beggar description ( বর্ণনাতীত ) The beauty of the Taj beggars description.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.