Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.