Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )