Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- have a bad time ( দুশ্চিন্তায় কাল কাটানো ; দুঃসময়ে পড়া )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions