Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Look at ( তাকানো ) Look at the moon.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- put a spoke to ones wheel ( কারও উন্নতিতে বাধা হওয়া )
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.