Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Occur to ( মনে হওয়া ) The idea never occurred to me.
- Hope for ( আশা করা ) Let us hope for the best.
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Restore to ( ফিরিয়ে দেওয়া ) Restore his property to him.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.