SYNONYM abdicate ; abjure ; relinquish ; resign ; give up ; forsake ; desert .
OPPOSITE maintain ; retain ; stay ; uphold ; support.
EXAMPLE The young man abandoned his wife.
Next : Abase
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Bent on ( ঝোঁক ) He is bent on playing cricket.
- Irony of fate ( ভাগ্যের পরিহাস ) He could not succeed by irony of fate.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions