SYNONYM abdicate ; abjure ; relinquish ; resign ; give up ; forsake ; desert .
OPPOSITE maintain ; retain ; stay ; uphold ; support.
EXAMPLE The young man abandoned his wife.
Next : Abase
Learn English by Lessons
Just Now vs Right Now vs Presently:Commonly Confused Words
Just now, right now and presently are often confusedly replaced with each other, while they don't mean exactly the same, though they have similar connotations.
Hard vs HardlyCommonly Confused Words
Hard and hardly are often confusedly used as similar words. However, they do differ. While hard has a positive connotation, hardly has a very negative impact in a sentence.
First vs FastCommonly Confused Words
First refers to someone or something or someone’s actions which happen before everything else. Fast can both be an adjective and adverb which means quick or quickly.
Learn words by topics :
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- Sick of ( পীড়িত, ক্লান্ত ) He is sick for home.
- Late in ( দেরি ) Why are you so late in coming?
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Free from ( মুক্ত ) He is now free from danger.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions